-
February 11th, 2005, 05:07 AM
#1
Inactive Member
See my .mac site.
http://homepage.mac.com/moviesonthewall/Menu1.html
What do YOU think about Super-8 vs. MiniDV.
I offer the film "look" to people wanting this in a music video by using .....REAL FILM. It's that simple.
Michael.
Fast Films Productions
-
February 11th, 2005, 05:17 AM
#2
Inactive Member
-
February 11th, 2005, 05:20 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks,
I know it takes awhile to load the video but I figured it would be worth it to see the best possible quality over the internet.
Michael.
-
February 11th, 2005, 07:57 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I click on your link, get the iMovie theatre and nothing else happens.
-
February 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Actor,
After clicking on the link, do you see the quicktime logo? It takes about 30 to 45 seconds to start. I used mpeg-4 to do the compression. I'm sorry for the long start-up time, but I felt it would defeat the purpose of showing the quality of Super-8 over MiniDV if I used a lower rez. (faster) compression.
Michael.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 11, 2005 11:57 AM: Message edited by: FastFilms ]</font>
-
February 11th, 2005, 05:10 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I thought that it was a very good illustration of K40 and MiniDV. Thanks.
Good Luck
-
February 11th, 2005, 09:45 PM
#7
Inactive Member
OK. Took about 3 minutes before anything happened. Worth the wait.
-
February 11th, 2005, 10:09 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Thanks for the replies guys!
Michael.
-
February 12th, 2005, 06:51 AM
#9
Inactive Member
What kind of minidv camera was used?
One of the virtues of film is that, if you can get the exposure right and have halfway decent glass, it does not take a really expensive camera to get great results.
However, with minidv the difference between a $500 single chip Samsung and a $4,000 3 chip Panavision could be telling. My only minidv camera is a $650 RCA (Radio Shack special).
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 12, 2005 02:52 AM: Message edited by: Actor ]</font>
-
February 12th, 2005, 07:25 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Actor,
The MiniDV camera used is a single chip, Canon ZR20. The Super-8 camera used is a Canon 1014 XL-S.
Michael.
Fast Films Productions
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks